I’m hoping to / planning on visiting Chinese makerspaces between end of term (12/19 for me, as I have not finals) and IAP (January 9).
[last updated: 11/24/2011]
- http://xinchejian.com, active as of today november
- Sat/Sunday 14:00 – 15:00 open http://xinchejian.com/event/
- Tuesday 19:00-21:00 weekly staff meeting
- Anhua Road No.76 suite 301, Changning District, Shanghai, CHINA 200050 (near Jiangsu Road)
- 88spaces.com (not alive?)
- www.chaihuo.org, active as of november 2011
- Saturdays, 14:00 – 16:30 (gcal sidebar)
- ch.makerspace, g.com
- SZDIY (shenzhen diy lab) active as of today november
- 聚会Every Thursday / 每周四 19:00～22:00
- 答：Seeedstudio 是深圳创客空间（Chaihuo）的主要赞助商，Chaihuo与SZDIY目前达成协议在特定时间（每周四晚）免费提供聚会场地给SZDIY社区使用来举办固定聚会
- szdiyadm, g.com
- http://bjmakerspace.com/ (both flamingoeda and gkfab have been subsumed by this, active as of october EDIT 11/24 active.)
- meetings every Tuesday 20:00 to 22:00 (http://www.bjmakerspace.com/Event.html)
- open every day (according to email correspondence 22 nov 2011)
- http://space.flamingoeda.com/ (last update july)
- GKFab (not alive?)
- We have weekly meeting at Tuesday night, and workshops at weekend. The space is opened every day, and you may want send us a mail before you come so we can make sure there is some members in the space
- bjmakerspace, g.com
- yff — not sure if it’s actual makerspace looks corporate or spam.
- hackerspaces@gz (1 member?)
- HTG (not active since 2010)
Ooh look! Someone I know is there! Star Simpson is apparently in China until January or so. And Maja Wichrowska (roomies shoutout!) is in Beijing for the semester. o.o Whoa. A lot of people I know are in China…
http://hackerspaces.org/wiki/Call-inJan 1st, 1600 EST
- firstname.lastname@example.org (no response, dec 2011)
- email@example.com (no response, dec 2011)
- Tokyo hackerspace (contacted via form):
- Tokyo HackerSpace has an open meeting every Tuesday night, from 7 PM.
- Unlike most other hackerspaces, our members have very little free time, and as such, the space is not in constant use. Our members have a key, and can come any time they like, but its hard to predict when that will be.
- I would highly suggest that you join our google group and introduce yourself and your schedule there: http://groups.google.com/group/tokyohackerspace You’ll have a better chance at finding what everyone is up to, and when they can meet up.
? None in Taiwan nor Korea.
Visas and Passport Renewal
Proxy Chinese Visa service: http://ask.metafilter.com/95095/Visa-service-recommendations e.g. http://china.visahq.com/ (also does passport, also well-designed site)
Emergency Passport-ness: http://travel.state.gov/passport/npic/schedule/schedule_852.html
I found a local Chinese company helping with visa application:
最便宜的机票+最优质的服务$170 total /1 year multiple entry。 If you fill out the form. Sounds reasonable. close to what they charge here.It is close to T. ~5 walking from T station. 2 stops from harvard (outbound).Go to the web site, fill out the file and print out. take 1 2×2 picture, the passport valid for 6 month and blank page .
经纬旅游 Boston 617-426-3123
electronicky shanzhai 山寨
and also awesome book:
http://craphound.com/ftw/download/ which is a fantastic romp around gaming culture, economics, and unions.
more on shanzhai
more on shenzhen http://www.evilmadscientist.com/article.php/shenzhen
the linked article is account-walled so here is the article http://www.strategy-business.com/article/09315?pg=all&tid=27782251
Cambridge, MA 02142
Send to Phone
=== Options: personal tours. Or get MIT departmental backing (talk to Anne Hunter / Brandy Baker) for report publication, go in officially.
“not the game, nor is it the job, just love” Thanks, google translate 🙂
update 2 dec 2011
according to David of shanghai’s xinchejian, There are current 4 in China. OnionCapsule in Hangzhou is the first student lead hackerspace in the China Academy of Fine Art by a group of new media art students. They have a public performance scheduled on Dec 24. If visiting hackerspaces is one of the goal of your trip, I’d suggest you visit them at this event. It’s crazy party and a lot of fun.
One thought on “China Makerspaces Visit Planning”
Korea hackerspace: http://hackerspaceseoul.com/